How Can I Become a Saskatchewan Land Surveyor . .
. . as a student or graduate of a
Geomatics Engineering Degree program?


An applicant for a commission as a Saskatchewan Land Surveyor must first obtain a Certificate of Completion from the Canadian Board of Examiners for Professional Surveyors (CBEPS).

Graduates from a recognized Geomatics Engineering Degree program (currently the U of C and U N B) who have taken the necessary electives, automatically qualify to receive a Certificate of Completion.

Having obtained a Certificate of Completion, an applicant must enter into an articling agreement with a licensed Saskatchewan Land Surveyor to become a Saskatchewan Land Surveyor in Training (SLSIT).

After completing at least of one year of practical experience, including at least nine months of field experience in Saskatchewan and a Professional Survey Project, the applicant becomes eligible to write his or her Professional Examinations.

Successful completion of the Professional Examinations is the final step to being granted a Commission as a Saskatchewan Land Surveyor.